Avoid These 4 Local SEO Pitfalls
When it comes to SEO, even the smallest mistake can mean the downfall of a business. In fact, 57% of B2B marketers say that SEO is one of the biggest contributors to their lead generation goals. Without proper SEO utilization, a business will be unable to increase website conversions and won’t rank well in search engines. In order to improve website SEO and ensure your business gets noticed online, you need to make sure to avoid the four local SEO pitfalls this article is going to discuss.
- Poor Content Strategy: Content creation and content marketing can make or break a business. Having content that is insufficient, cursory, unedited, or unreadable will not benefit your business in any way. At the bare minimum, a website should have a home, about, and contact page, and a page for each of their services. There are other strategies businesses can utilize, like on-site blogging, that require a plan for ongoing content publication. Overall, your business should have a clean, professional web presence.
- Lack of Clarity: Every business should be able to clearly communicate their value in a way that will intrigue potential customers. If you can’t do that, how do you expect your customers or marketers to be able to? As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to find out what makes your company a desirable resource, rather than the competition. Having a unique selling point is key to your message having the maximum impact.
- Multiple Websites: While this may seem like a good idea, having multiple websites to represent different services or locations can actually hinder your business’s chance of showing up in search engines. This can be caused by a few reasons:
- Sparse or duplicate content, resulting from lack of resources needed to supervise multiple sites.
- Thinly-spread marketing efforts across multiple sites.
- Confusing customers on if it’s one or multiple companies.
- Ranking problems due to the same name, phone number, or address appearing on multiple websites.
- Lack of Contact Information: This may seem obvious, but far too many companies forget to include their contact info on their website. The name, address, and phone number should be on every page of a website, even if you have a “Contact” page. Additionally, phone numbers should be click-to-call and there should be thorough driving instructions, along with a map.
These local SEO mistakes may seem minor, but they can have a devastating impact on the success of a business. If your website is really struggling to rank, it’s important to invest in some local SEO services. Then, you can rest assured that your website has a clean design and has maximum functionality.